Cloud Accounting and Xero
What is the cloud?
Think about when you use internet banking. Every time you access this data, you’re using the cloud. The cloud is a platform to make data and software accessible online anytime, anywhere, from any device. Your hard drive or server is no longer the central hub
Why is cloud accounting good for your business?
Desk top based small business accounting software can be tedious. Traditionally, it can suck up far too much of your business’ time and effort. This doesn’t add value, and takes the fun out of being in business. Cloud software can save your business time and money.
What are the problems with traditional desktop accounting software?
- The data in the system isn’t up to date and neither is the software.
- It only works on one computer and data bounces from place to place. For example, on a USB drive. This is not secure or reliable.
- Only one person has user access. Key people can’t access financial and customer details.
- It’s costly and complicated to keep backups (if done at all).
- It’s expensive, difficult and time consuming to upgrade the software.
- Customer support is expensive and slow.
Why the cloud and accounting software are the perfect match
- You can use cloud-based software from any device with an internet connection. Online accounting means small business owners stay connected to their data and their accountants. The software can integrate with a whole ecosystem of add-ons. It’s scalable, cost-effective and easy to use.