Conversion to Xero
What is Xero?
Technology is a major driving force behind some of the greatest changes currently being experienced by the accountancy and bookkeeping professions with one of the most significant changes being the global rise of online or “cloud” accounting .
Unlike some other trends, we believe the use of cloud based accounting platforms is one trend that is here to stay and the recent HMRC announcements about Making Tax Digital only re-enforce this belief.
We have partnered with Xero (www.xero.com) the leading global cloud accounting platform.
Xero is intuitive, easy to use and allows integration with various apps and add-ons so that your entire business processes – not just your bookkeeping and accounting – work seamlessly together in the cloud.
Xero has recently overtaken the main desktop bookkeeping software solution in the number of UK subscribers and we believe this trend will continue in the months and years ahead.
As the first company in Ireland , North and South to be awarded Gold Partner status by Xero we are leading local Xero experts to help manage your transition into the cloud.
What we will do
- Review current bookkeeping software to determine cleanliness of data for one off conversion
- If current data is clean (does not contain errors or use multi-currency) then will use the free Move my Books service to convert the data to a Xero format
- If the data is not clean then we will extract the data from current bookkeeping to be manually imported into Xero
- Agree your chart of accounts with your bookkeeping staff
- Import customer and supplier contact details in Xero
- Import customer and supplier opening balances
- If your bank (Ulster, Danske, Bank Of Ireland 365, Santander, HSBC ) provide bank feeds , we will help you set these up
- If your business is retail, we will establish if your till systems can be connected to Xero and we will connect them if required
 During the conversion process you should expect that your bookkeeping data will not be available for a period of up to 3 working days.
What you will do
- Give us access to current bookkeeping software
- Ensure that all banks and VAT returns are reconciled up to the intended date of conversion
- Commit to ensuring that your bookkeeping staff go through the Xero Certification programme and to undertake further Xero training if required
- Pay for the Xero subscription (£25+VAT per month) depending of size and nature of business
- Reconcile bank, customer and supplier balance from first day of new Xero accounting period
The benefits to you
Some of the benefits of using Xero are:
- Massive time savings
- Up-to-date financial information at your fingertips
- Access anytime, anywhere
- Automatic integrations
- Improved cash flow