Careers at Exchange Accountants
At Exchange Accountants, our ethos is ‘Let’s Grow Together’, whether you are a client, or one of our people, that principle is what we live by. We pride ourselves in our passion, initiative, and innovative work ethic, and on being at the forefront of the digital evolution in accounting.
Exchange Accountants Limited (www.exchangeaccountants.com) is a forward thinking and progressive accountancy practice conveniently located just outside Lisburn City Centre, with modern offices and free parking on-site.
We are the first locally based practice to have achieved ‘Xero Platinum Partner Status’, and as such are now considered to be Northern Ireland’s leading cloud-based accountancy firm. Working in the cloud allows us to work more closely alongside our clients in providing them with pro-active advice, based on the most up-to-date and accurate financial information available.
Specialising in the use of digital technology also makes us ideally placed as a practice to successfully help our clients navigate into the future of tax; with the Government’s ambitious plans for the onset of ‘Making Tax Digital for Income Tax’ set for April 2026.
Due to a period of sustained growth, we are now recruiting for an experienced Xero Bookkeeper to join our team.
Your typical day-to-day responsibilities would include:
- Requesting bookkeeping and VAT information from clients
- Bookkeeping to include:
- Sales and purchase ledger maintenance
- VAT return preparation and submission
- Bank and other Balance sheet item reconciliations on a regular basis
- Payroll (UK and Ireland) administration
- CIS administration
- Extensive direct client contact via telephone & email, and face to face meetings when required
- Effective management and prioritisation of own workload, directly reporting to a Manager
- Maintenance of internal databases and systems in relation your client portfolio
- Training and development of junior staff
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following essential criteria;
- Be a qualified Accounting Technician or have the equivalent experience.
- Have at least three years’ experience using a Xero and other cloud accounting platforms as well as Xero payroll and Sage payroll experience in a medium size practice environment
- From day one, be willing to take on a sizable bookkeeping portfolio of differing sizes of clients and in industry sectors and deadlines and can manage the relationships within that portfolio.
- Ensure that clients Xero bookkeeping is of a sufficiently high standard to be handed over to accounting staff
- Have the confidence, knowledge, and ability to deliver Xero training to clients
- Self-Assessment Tax Return experience (desired but not essential)
- Be technically proficient in aspects of the various Microsoft Office applications.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be flexible in your approach to both clients and other team members.
- Able to work to tight deadlines, both internal and statutory.
- Have clean driving licence and access to your own transport.
We are offering
- Competitive salary based on experience and tailored to attract best candidate in the market
- Potential for performance-based bonuses
- 35 hour working week, with an early finish on a Friday
- Free parking on-site
- Modern, friendly, and supportive working environment
How to apply
If you feel that you have the right ability and attitude for this challenging position please forward an up-to-date CV , including at least two referees, to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining to us why we should consider you for this fantastic role within our company.
Exchange Accountants Limited is an equal opportunity employer.