Personal Tax Senior
Exchange Accountants Limited (www.exchangeaccountants.com) is a forward thinking and progressive accountancy practice conveniently located just outside Lisburn City Centre, with modern offices and free parking on-site.
We are the first locally based practice to have achieved ‘Xero Gold Partner Status’, and as such are now considered to be Northern Ireland’s leading cloud-based accountancy firm. Working in the cloud allows us to work more closely alongside our clients in providing them with pro-active advice, based on the most up-to-date and accurate financial information available.
Specialising in the use of digital technology also makes us ideally placed as a practice to successfully help our clients navigate into the future of tax; with the Government’s ambitious plans for the onset of ‘Making Tax Digital for Income Tax’ set for April 2024.
Due to a period of sustained growth, we are now recruiting for a competent Personal Tax Senior to join our team.
The typical day to day duties of this role will involve:-
- Requesting personal tax information from clients
- Preparation of ‘Income & Expenditure’ accounts for sole traders, partnerships and landlords for tax return purposes
- Preparation and submission of both UK & Irish self-assessment tax return forms for a large and varied portfolio of individuals and partnerships
- Checking HMRC tax calculations, PAYE coding notices, penalty determinations etc and liaising with HMRC directly regarding any adjustments required
- Reviewing clients HMRC accounts and issuing payment reminders to avoid surcharges etc
- Preparation and submission of forms P11D & P11D(b)
- Responding to general tax queries from clients in a timely & professional manner
- Ad hoc technical research when required in order to answer client queries or address any technical matters arising during the completion of SA returns
- Extensive direct client contact via telephone & email, and face to face meetings when required
- Effective management & prioritisation of own workload, directly reporting to the Tax Manager
- Training and development of junior staff
- Maintenance of internal databases & systems in relation to personal tax clients and workflows
The successful candidate should meet the following essential criteria:-
- Qualified Tax Technician (ATT) or Accounting Technician (IATI / ATI) with relevant experience, but QBE candidates will also be considered on their own merit
- At least 3 years relevant experience, ideally gained within a small to medium sized firm, and predominantly in personal tax
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent organisation skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Pro-active and can use own initiative to work effectively, both independently and as a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise work in a fast paced and high-volume environment, whilst maintaining keen attention to detail
- Able to manage time spent against budget and work alongside other team members to ensure the timely completion of work
- Flexibility to work additional hours during busy times of the year
- Keen to work in a digital, progressive practice and embrace the use of technology & software
What We Can Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience and tailored to attract best candidate in the market
- Potential for performance-based bonuses
- 35 hour working week, with an early finish on a Friday
- Free parking on-site
- Modern, friendly, and supportive working environment
How To Apply
Please forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exchange Accountants Limited is an equal opportunities employer.