What is Forensic Accounting
Forensic Accounting is a specialism within accounting which can be used in all matters of disputes and investigations.
Why do I need it?
We live in a more litigious world. Nearly 500,000 new businesses are formed each year, technology is flourishing at a faster rate than ever before and divorce rates are rising – these issues lay the foundation for the growing necessity of forensic accounting. While there are multitudes of explanations for why a person might need a forensic accountant, the following are the top reasons:
- Business and/or employee fraud investigations
- Share and Business Valuations during the sale of a business.
- Business, Shareholder and/or partnership conflicts disputes
- Matrimonial Marital disputes
- Consequential loss claims, breach of contract claims and other contractual disputes.
- Commercial insurance claims
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Loss assessments in personal injury claims
- Class action litigation
- Fraud and other financial irregularity investigations
- Contract claims
What Exchange Accountants Can Do for you
We offer a comprehensive range of Forensic Accounting services to help you achieve your desired outcome no matter what challenge you are presented with.
Our Director Conor Walls holds a Diploma in Forensic Accounting (with Distinction) and over the last decade has worked closely with a number of solicitors and other legal professionals on a wide range of matters and disputes which have required a the skills of a Forensic Accountant , such as; Forensic accounting utilises accounting, auditing and investigative skills to examine the finances of an individual or business. Combining accounting and analytical talents with financial proficiency and a strong moral compass, a forensic accountant plays a critical role in both litigation support and investigations.
CONTACT OUR EXPERT CONOR WALLS FOR A DISCOVERY CALL