What is Company Restructuring ?
Company Restructuring is a process where a company that is under financial distress develops and implements a restructuring plan to improve its financial position to allow the business to continue.
Why would I need to consider restructuring my company?
A restructured, streamlined and simplified business can be more resilient, cost efficient and better equipped to deal with risks and threats, setting it up well for future success.
Corporate restructuring can be driven by a need for change in the organisational structure or business model of a company, or it can be driven by the necessity to make financial adjustments to its assets and liabilities. Frequently, it involves both. Companies restructure for a variety of reasons:
- To reduce costs
- To concentrate on key products or accounts
- To incorporate new technology
- To make better use of talent
- To improve competitive advantage
- To spin off a subsidiary company
- To merge with another company
- To decrease or consolidate debt
What Exchange Accountants Can do for you:
We can play a key role in helping a business with a company restructure. Director, William Gould, is an expert in the intricacies of changing the legal or operational structure of a business to better align with its objectives or respond to changing market conditions.
- We will work with you to identify the financial implications of a proposed restructure. This can include analysing the tax implications, identifying cost savings and assessing the impact on cash flow and financial performance.
- Together, we will identify and evaluate different restructuring options, such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or changes to the legal structure of the business. This can involve developing financial models to analyse the impact of different options on the business’s financial performance.
- We will provide guidance and support on regulatory compliance requirements associated with a company restructure, such as tax filings and reporting obligations.
- We will work collaboratively with you to develop a financial plan for implementing the restructure, including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Ongoing support and guidance will be provided throughout the restructure process, helping you to manage financial risks, optimise financial performance and adapt to changing market conditions.
If you are looking for an accountant who can provide valuable financial and strategic support to your business while it is undergoing a company restructure, to help you to identify financial implications, evaluate different options, ensure regulatory compliance, develop a financial plan and manage financial risks, then contact us today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERT GARY LAVERTY FOR A DISCOVERY CALL